Tuesday 26 July 2011

Post Cards

I just joined a Photography Post Card Swap on swap-bot that can be found here, it is on my watchlist at the moment because being a newbie to the swap-bot site I can only be involved in 5 swaps at a time.

The requirements of the swap were to take a photo of a post box and turn it into a postcard, then send it to 3 different swap partners. I took my photo and decided to make it interesting by altering the photo in Photoshop. Here is the original photo:


Here it is with a grunge like border and a filter added to it (don't remember what filter I used). Looks good but I decided it needed something to make the post box stand out more....


So I took all the color out of it except for the red of the box itself, and here is the final result.


I am getting better at this whole Photoshop thing, so much so that I have decided to enroll in a course that teaches you about Photoshop, the only issue I will have is that the course requirements are that you have Adobe Photoshop CS4, and I only have CS3. I will have to get in contact with the course lecturer to find out if this is OK. I hope it will be otherwise it will cost me a fortune just to upgrade my version to the correct one.

Let me know what you think about how the photo turned out....

No comments:

Post a Comment